This Privacy notice was last updated on 06/06/2018
This Privacy Notice explains what information Tepilo Limited, as part of the Emoov Limited Group ("the Group") (together "we", "us", "our"), gathers about you, what we use that information for, and who we give that information to. The Group consists of Emoov Limited, Tepilo Limited and Urban Sales and Lettings Limited. This Privacy Notice also sets out your rights in relation to your information and who you can contact for more information or queries. Click on the links to take you to more detailed sections of this Privacy Notice.
We take data protection very seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal information. This Privacy Notice describes how we handle personal information collected through our website www.tepilo.com and by any other means. It is our policy to collect only the minimum information required from you. If you believe we have collected excessive information about you, please contact us to raise any concerns you may have.
In this Privacy Notice your personal information is sometimes called "Personal Data". We sometimes collectively refer to handling, collecting, protecting or storing your personal information as 'Processing'.
Although you do not have to provide any of your personal information to us, if we ask you to do so and you refuse, we may be unable to provide you with the information, goods or services you want from us.
Personal information is anything that enables you to be identified or identifiable, e.g. your name, address, email address and telephone number.
Collection of personal information
Below are some examples of how you may provide personal information to us:
- Searching and browsing our website
- Telephoning us
- Subscribing to our newsletter
- Submitting CVs
- Contacting us for further information
- Providing us with business cards or other contact information
Use of personal information
When you provide personal information to us, we may use it for any of the purposes described in this Privacy Notice or as stated at the point of collection (or as obvious from the context of collection), including:
- To provide a service to you including:
- A free valuation
- Selling your property
- Buying a property
- To confirm and authenticate your identity
- To administer and manage our website including:
- To personalise and enrich your browsing experience by displaying content that is more likely to be relevant and of interest to you
- To sort and analyse user data
- To understand how people use the features and functions of our Website in order to improve the user experience
- To develop our businesses and services;
- To conduct quality and risk management reviews;
- To monitor and enforce compliance with our Terms of Business; and/or
- Any other purposes for which you provided the information to us, including any of the purposes given in the 'Collection of personal information' section above
We do not collect personally identifying information for sale to third parties.
Our legal basis for Processing your personal information
The legal basis on which we process your information is, as relevant:
- You have consented to the Processing of your personal information for a specific purpose;
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or to enter into a contract with you;
- Processing is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations;
- Processing is necessary for our own legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information which overrides the legitimate interest.
Security of personal information
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction.
Only authorised persons are provided access to personally identifiable information we have collected, and such individuals have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of this information.
Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your Personal Data, the transmission of data over the internet (including by e-mail) is never completely secure.
We endeavour to protect Personal Data, but we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to or by us.
Sharing personal information
We may transfer, share or disclose the Personal Data we collect from you to third parties (and their respective subcontractors, and/or their subsidiaries and affiliates, their "Personnel") or to the Group, and its Personnel, for:
- The purposes for which the information has been submitted
- The purposes listed above under use of personal information
- The administration and maintenance of our website and/or
- Other internal or administrative purposes.
We also may transfer, share or disclose Personal Data to third party service providers of identity management, website hosting and management, data analysis, data backup, security and storage services.
The third-party providers may use their own third party subcontractors that have access to Personal Data ("Sub-processors"). It is our policy to use only third-party providers that are bound to maintain appropriate levels of security and confidentiality, to process personal information only as instructed by us, and to flow those same obligations down to their Sub-processors.
The third parties we may transfer share or disclose the Personal Data we collect from you to are:
- Cronos Internet
- Sign-up Technologies Ltd
- TextMagic LTD
- Ehouse / Homevisit
- Viewber Limited
- Access 2 View Ltd
- Agency Express LTD
- Evolve Partnership LTD
- Call Credit LTD
- Experian Ltd
- Standard Life
- Convey Law
- DM Hall
- Wallace Hodge
- Suppliers used by other companies in the Group if necessary to provide you with the information, goods or services you want from us.
International transfers of personal information
Your personal information may be transferred to and stored outside the country where you are located. This includes countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and countries that do not have laws that provide specific protection for personal information.
Where we collect your personal information within the EEA, transfer outside the EEA will be only:
- To a recipient located in a country which provides an adequate level of protection for your personal information; and/or
- Under an agreement which satisfies EU requirements for the transfer of Personal Data to data processors or data controllers outside the EEA.
We may also disclose personal information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- When explicitly requested by you;
- When required to deliver publications or reference materials as requested by you;
- When required to facilitate conferences or events hosted by a third party;
- For regulatory compliance purposes; and/or
- As otherwise set out in this privacy statement.
We may also disclose your personal information to law enforcement, regulatory and other government agencies and to professional bodies and other third parties, as required by and/or in accordance with applicable law or regulation.
Retention of personal information
We normally retain Personal Data for a minimum of 7 years, taking into account the reason it was collected and processed, requirements set out by legal and regulatory obligations and for customer service necessities. To find out more about our retention policy please email our Operations Director [email protected].
We keep contact information (such as mailing list information) until a user unsubscribes or requests that we delete that information. If you choose to unsubscribe from a mailing list, we may keep certain limited information about you so that we may honour your request.
Where we are legally required to obtain your explicit consent to provide you with marketing materials, we will only provide you with such marketing materials if you have provided consent for us to do so.
If you opt into any subscriptions, you will receive automated emails when content is updated. If you opt into any newsletters, you will receive curated emails known as newsletters. If you select any preferences such as issues, topics, subjects or industries, you may receive email communications related to those self-selected topics.
If you want to unsubscribe from mailing lists or any subscriptions, you should look for and follow the instructions we have provided in the relevant communications to you. Alternatively, you can at any time contact us to request that such communications cease.
If you choose to unsubscribe from any or all mailings, we may retain information sufficient to identify you so that we can honour your request.
Rights in relation to your information
You have certain rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you. In particular, you have the right to:
- Request a copy of personal information we hold about you;
- Ask that we update the personal information we hold about you, or correct such personal information that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- Ask that we delete personal information that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal information;
- Object to our processing of your personal information; and/or
- Withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information (to the extent such processing is based on consent and consent is the only permissible basis for Processing).
If you would like to exercise these rights or understand if these rights apply to you, please contact us.
Automated decision making
We will not use your personal information for automated decision making or profiling.
If you have any questions or complaints about this Privacy notice or the way your personal information is processed by us, or would like to exercise one of your rights set out above, please contact us by one of the following means:
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection regulator, which in the UK is the Information Commissioner Office (ICO). The ICO can be contacted by the following means:
- Form: www.ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/
- Telephone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate – calls to this number cost the same as calls to 01 or 02 numbers). If you're calling from outside the UK please call +44 1625 545 700. Post: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Parent Company: Emoov Limited
Registered Address: Copenhagen House, 5-10 Bury St, London, EC3A 5AT
We may update this Privacy Notice at any time by publishing an updated version here. So that you know when we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will amend the revision date at the top of this page. The new modified or amended Privacy Notice will apply from that revision date. Therefore, we encourage you to review this Privacy Notice periodically to be informed about how we are protecting your information.