The Good Web Guide is now taking entries for its second Website of the Year Award, aimed at small businesses and organisations. The awards provide an excellent way for online enterprises to gain recognition.
I’m delighted to have been asked to be one of the judges for the competition this year – having had Tepilo shortlisted for the award last year.
Winner will receive the following prizes – along with the most important kudos of winning the award itself:
- £1000 cash to spend on the business and £500 of advertising on thegoodwebguide.co.uk to be taken before August 2011.
- A one-day photo shoot with Tim James from The Gray Gallery (£1,500).
- A full SEO audit and follow up consultation with SEOptimise (£750).
- Two hours free singing for 8 people at any Lucky Voice venue (£180).
- A press release prepared by Kenyon Communications on the subject of their choosing, with full media distribution, worth £500.
Winners Reception: A reception will be held atThe Royal Institution in London on Tuesday, 16 November 2010, where Doug Richard, former BBC Dragon and founder of School For Startups, will announce the winner.
How To Enter
Entrants have from 1 June until 19 September to nominate a site (which can be their own). A shortlist will be released on 4 October and the winning site will be announced at the 2010 Awards Reception in London during Global Entrepreneurship Week (15-19th November 2010).
Sites will be judged on the following criteria:
- Ease of Use
- Social Media Strategy (this isn’t a prerequisite for entry)
Click here to find out more or to enter and best of luck: http://www.thegoodwebguide.co.uk/website-of-the-year